View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #103
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've got three books read so far, and am in the middle of another one, and am listening to an audiobook, so I'm doing pretty good so far. I'm aiming for 100 (last year I only made it to 81).

What I am noticing from my list is how heavily it is weighted to fiction book series. I really read very few stand-alone novels now, much less than I used to in the past. I don't know if it's because the majority of the writers in the genres I like are writing series because that's the way their book deals are written, or if it's because I like the familiarity of an ongoing story arc sent in a particular story universe.

I also read much less non-fiction than I used to. I wonder if that's because I rarely go to the physical library anymore, so I'm not scanning the "New Non-Fiction" bookshelf and actually being piqued by their titles, and so I'm not really current with what's out there. The non-fiction I tend to read now is usually the result of an interest sparked by a news item or a mention in a novel, that I wind up researching more about online, looking for a recommended book on the topic that way. It's a more premeditated way of reading non-fiction rather than my previous lucky-chance way.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote