View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #58
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2

I just checked the poll... seems like I'm the only one who prefers a text-based one for now (vs. 5 votes for a GUI)

I'm not opposed to a GUI. I'm just warning that a GUI poses many problems that a text-dialog-based installer (analogous to Ubuntu installer) wouldn't have - both in terms of interoperability and developer friendliness. In short: a GUI will be much more complicated to *develop*, while not offering any benefits during *use*. After all, we're talking about a distro whose purpose is to debrick a Kindle, not a 24/7 desktop OS.

But yeah, that's just my 2 cents
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote