View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #150
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
That is okay as far as it goes, except that Personal Documents service does not support KF8 format yet.

Moreover, just because that's often 'best' for some situations, it doesn't obviate the desire to download directly from web sites directly (Gutenberg, Dropbox etc.) or as email attachments, without having to resort to using file managers and restarting. All of these alternatives should work more conveniently also.
You don't have to restart. Just force close the Kindle app and it will add the new books. If you use the dropbox app you can export the books to folder you want without using a File Manager.

I agree though I wish it was alot more simpler than that. The only good thing about 6.3 is the force close trick. I no longer have File Expert on my KF because I just use force close instead.

The PDoc service is what is mostly buggy. White covers, doesn't sync from Kindle to Fire and bookmarks formatting issues. Still I use it mostly due to having other Kindles I need to sync with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote