View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
[Old Thread] Calibre database keeps getting corrupted on Win 7 - help!?!

Hi- I am running the latest version of calibre on a Dell netbook running Win7. I have now had a few instances of getting the database is corrupted message upon trying to open calibre and load my library. I am not too familiar with UAC and permissions on Win 7 but maybe that's the root of the problem.

My calibre libraries are at C:\Libraries\.... I did read in a forum somewhere that this could cause problems and that one should move their calibre libraries to the My Documents folder user account that they log into. However when I tried to do this, some of the ebook files in the calibre library folder itself could no be copied ("Can't read from the source file or disk.").. I don't believe that these files were corrupted in any way as they were recently all added into my calibre library without any issues. I ran scandisk and came up with nothing.

It's strange to me that I had this library open a day or so ago - used it. Shut down calibre - shut down my netbook and then the next time I go to open calibre (with that library that was previously working ok to be loaded) - I have the corrupt DB problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

edit: The details from calibre regarding the corrupt DB were "OperationalError: disk I/O error"

Last edited by jer989; 04-14-2012 at 02:09 PM.
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote