View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
500 and Calibre - worth upgrade to 505?

I've been using my 500 for a couple of weeks now and have been pretty happy. I got it used for a song, and promised myself that even if I loved reading on an ebook, I wouldn't upgrade until the next gen came out in November. But there's one problem that I've been having that is really bugging me that might make me change my mind; when reading large docs, especially the NYTimes delivered via Calibre, my 500 crashes. A lot. And since I read the Times just about every day and it gets a little frustrating.

Is this a problem on the 505? Would it be worth upgrading to fix this? Is there anything that I can do to reduce this problem on the 500?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote