View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
damaki
damaki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
I had such issues with a genuine e-book from amazon and these are pretty easy to fix. I converted to epub then here is the result (with an excerpt from the book, small enough to be legal):
Code:
<p class="calibre4">LIVING IN TRENTON in July is like living inside a big pizza oven. Hot, airless, aromatic.</p>
<p class="calibre4">Because I didn’t want to miss any of the summer experience I had the sunroof open on my Honda CRX. My brown hair was pulled up into a windsnarled, curls-gone-to-frizz ponytail. The sun baked the top of my head, and sweat trickled under my black spandex sports bra. I was wearing matching spandex shorts and a sleeveless oversized Trenton Thunders baseball jersey. It was an excellent outfit except it gave me no place to stick my .38. Which meant I was going to have to borrow a gun to shoot my cousin Vinnie.</p>
You notice the <p class="calibre4"> thing? That mean we need to fix the "calibre4" style in the css.
Here is the css part:
Code:
.calibre4 {
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 1em;
    text-indent: 2em;
    word-wrap: break-word
    }
You see that "margin-top"? It should have a 0 value. Please notice that the culprit could also have been margin-bottom.
Here you are \o/

I converted back my book to mobi and enjoyed it
damaki is offline   Reply With Quote