View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yep, my experience is the same as the other posters.

I bought my first Kobo ereader (Glo) on Friday and had otherwise been buying Kobo books for over a year.

I used my lap top to install the software on my Glo, not wifi, and just gave my normal Kobo account details. (You realise that you need to install the Kobo software on the device as the first activity?)

As part of the installation process you will be asked to download the Kobo desktop software which is different to the kobo.com interface.

All your previously purchased Kobo books will load into that program, and that's where you can sync your device. You can access the bookstore from within that program as well.

I don't bother using that program unless I want to sync something because i don't like it - I just use the kobo.com still. (Each to their own on that point)

Also - I just use Calibre to copy files onto the device - so again, there's no need for me to open the Kobo Desktop.

I got the Glo because of the light, and from that point of view I'm not disappointed. (My Sony is just too dark for me)

Edit:

I forgot to mention that of course you can save your book/s to the micro sim card as well, without having to attach the device.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-09-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote