View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Touch battery issues - some concerns.

Thought I'd share some experiences with you in the hope that you can counsel me or offer some advice!!
I've had my Kobo Touch for about five months now and have been pretty much in love with it.
Recently however, a few little niggles have raised their heads and they may or may not be related.
Firstly, my battery seems to be losing it's charge in hours rather than days now and I am most concerned.
I usually charge the battery on a standard charger bought for purpose on eBay and have had no previous issues. Then the device will also charge briefly when I connect it to my laptop to load and synchronise etc, usually every other day.

I have wifi switched off - the ikon at top shows greyed out bars with x beside it.

I have page refresh at every 5 pages.

I read about an hour a day, at different intervals and usually put in sleep mode afterwards.

Basically I have tried every optimum setting as suggested in these forums (thanks.)

Result - higher than average battery drain!!

My books are from all over the place - Kobo Store, Google, previous ereaders. The book I am currently reading sometimes sticks - could this be relevant??

My other niggle is the hit and miss experience with synching but I have always put this down to my BT Infinity Wifi and its vagaries. I was in Vietnam recently, and was able to sych effortlessly using free hotel wifi connections for goodness sake! This I have learnt to live with but could it affect battery life in long run even though I keep wifi disabled?

Questions:

Could someone advise me if a factory reset might help? Maybe some corrupt epub files might be causing problems?

If I reload my books, should I use Calibre or drag and drop?

I have about 300 books on my device. Is this affecting battery? Is there an optimum amount in anyone's experience?

Could a reset help my wifi issues? My wife has a Kobo Touch bought at same time and has no problems, damn her impudence!! Me, I'm a bloke and like to play around with it a bit more.

Please please share your experiences with me and offer me help in my hour of need. Mmmm, Kobo Glo looks good!
Thanking you in advance...
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote