View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #67
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hmm, I think I've failed just two or three times in my life. First was a finnish book a friend of mine praised for months, so I finally caved and started it. It was a two part book and I only managed to get through the first one. I have it on the bookshelf staring at me, and one day I shall finish it!

The second time was a book I received as a christmas present from my mother. A book about templars, I think. This was few years ago during the Dan Brown madness and was very similar to one of his books (Angels and demons maybe?). The book wasn't bad actually, but the translation was just so terrible I had to quit at some point. That book was the reason I didn't pick up a book for months and it took me at least two years to regain faith in translated books! (Though I was also a student so buying books in english was pretty much the only thing I could afford.)

Just last week I finished Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon, and that was a battle. About half way of the book it just got so boring. I must have had in on my desk for more than a month! My girlfriend kept teasing me about how slow a reader I am, since I could only bare reading a chapter every now and then.
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote