View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
After reading it, I wondered why I avoided it for 35 years. I saw the movie, and it sucked. Thankfully, the book has no resemblance to that movie!

Now I get the "42" joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
That was an enlightenment to me as well - I had heard and read it so many times and never knew what it meant or where it came from.
Although Adams always said it was just a coincidence (he didn't intend it to work out that way and was unaware it did until it was pointed out to him long after the book was written), when you do the math using a base-13 system, 6 x 9 does indeed = 42.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-21-2011 at 02:17 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote