View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #79
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xristy View Post
I would suggest that it might be a little more helpful if highlighting didn't imply a bookmark and a note. I was confused because when I tried the gesture for selecting I thought I would see several selections including highlight, but saw only "add bookmark" and "copy". This led me to make the comment that you replied to.
Continuing on this subject... I agree that it will be useful to differentiate bookmarks from highlights,noye, and other annotations, since bookmarks have a very specific definition and purpose in the PDF world.

Also, I would greatly appreciate a highlighting UI that uses as few taps as possible after selecting the text to be highlighted. Right now I've got one tap&hold to start selection, then I have to wait for the bookmark/note dialog to come up, then tap save before I can move on. This can be time consuming for the highlighter obsessed, such as myself.

Nook, iBooks, and Goodreader all have acceptable approaches to highlighting. Not so much with Kindle and Stanza (again, they make you go through at least one extra tap to "save" your highlight).

Thanks in advance for considering these suggestions!
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote