View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I must say, I bought less of he-who-must-not-be-named books since I found out about his rants.

The thing is, if I support someone with dollars, some percentage of that dollars is going to support things I don't support.

Say I buy a bunch of someone's books, and then they donate money to some group with a particular agenda. I'm indirectly funding the hate mongering.

I certainly don't worry all of the time and research all of my purchases to make sure nothing is going to the wrong places - that would be impossible.

But if it's obvious, I avoid. When my wife brought up Girl Scouts for my little girls I expressed some reservations for similiar sorts of reasons (although it seems they've gotten a bit better than the Boy Scouts).

Vote with your dollars!! I think they are even more effective than actual votes in some ways.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote