View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Ok, I think I understand...a bit.
What I decided to do was to use H2 tags to separate my chapters, because I believe(?) Calibre correctly converts these to chapters.

So, I set my Chapter numbers/titles to H2, and that seems to work great-the iPhone sees these as chapters correctly.

So, my next question is...in Sigil I can assign Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, quite easily using the Style dropdown menu. These correspond to H1, H2, H3 tags, right?

When I use H2 for my chapters, I get a BOLD, larger typeface than the rest of the document for the Chapter number/title that is within the H2/H2 tag

Where in the styles section of the document (the CSS) are H1, H2, H3 called out?
I don't see H2 in the CSS portion of the code, calling out text decoration: bold or anything.

What am I missing?

Here is the CSS:
Quote:
<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
.calibre {
display: block;
font-size: 1em;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 5pt;
margin-top: 0;
page-break-before: always;
text-align: justify
}
.calibre1 {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 1em;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 1em
}
a {
color: inherit;
text-decoration: inherit;
cursor: default
}
a[href] {
color: blue;
text-decoration: underline;
cursor: pointer
}

@page {padding: 0pt; margin:0pt}
body { text-align: center; padding:0pt; margin: 0pt; }
div { margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; }

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }

img.sgc-1 {height: 100%}

/*SG DO NOT MODIFY.
This style is used by Sigil.
It will be removed on export
along with the "sigilChapterBreak" HR tags. SG*/
hr.sigilChapterBreak {
border: none 0;
border-top: 3px double #c00;
height: 3px;
}

span.sgc-2 {font-style: italic;}
/*]]>*/
</style>
span.sgc-2 is italics, it seems (I used your Italics button to set some lines to italics, so I understand why font-style: italics)

The chapters are tagged as:

<h2>Chapter 2: The Wolf and the Lamb<br /></h2>

And show up as larger typefaces, in BOLD.

But I don't see h2 in the CSS? And i don't see any font style: bold setting?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote