Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #296
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
And why on earth can't they when doing a side-by-side comparison use the same ebook? I think in the Glo vs Aura video they had different public domain titles opened.
Exactly my thought.
Especially since, in that particular case, they used two books very different in size (2000 pages vs 1000 for their pocket paper versions).
When they ranted about the Glo being slower than the Aura at opening the damn book and changing font settings, I just wanted to scream and kick them in the neck for being dumbasses.
That, or they're purposedly trying to make the Aura look good, which is equally pathetic.

I'm not interested in the Aura itself anyway, it's too big and heavy for carrying it around conveniently, but it's really a shame we didn't get the same lighting on the Glo. It seems so smooth, and brightness going very much lower too.
Also, would really really be a shame if we don't get the new home screen on the Glo at some point.

Let's hope it will come in due time, as well as a proper night mode.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote