View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #141
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Wait... What? If the services are free, the services are free. If the owner thinks the service is *worth* something he can charge a fee. I pay for *a lot* of online services when there is value to me.
It's not free, it just doesn't cost the end user any money. You pay instead by being the product. (And if there's no value, why are you using it at all?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
In the meantime, I'll skip the commercials, I'll block the tracking bugs and I'll make the decisions on who gets information from and about me.
If enough people do that, the free service will disappear. A lot of people will whine about that, too.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote