View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #308
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm attached to Jim through Harry. Without Harry, there'd be no attachment to Jim. I'm attached to authors so long as they are writing what I want to read.

It's nothing personal. It's not like I know the guy and have beers with him on the weekends. As long as he gives me Harry, I'm right there cheering him on, but it is Harry that I love.

This is getting weird even by my standards.
I think it's perfectly normal - for a reader with capable imagination. There are several authors reporting the characters "live" in their minds

(sometimes even telling their creators to stick the plot they currently planned somewhere where the sun don't shine, because they - the characters that is - planned it differently)

Isn't this what Heinlein referred to? Creation trough imagination.

Why shouldn't a reader develop awareness of this kind of life? That's IMHO the maximal level of immersion.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote