View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Possibly, but then Norway is one country that apparently voids all contacts between a buyer and a seller. Which means, if I were a manufacturer of a product ... even if it was a great product .... I don't know that I would want to sell it in Norway, knowing that I would have to take all the contract terms as set by the Norwegian government.

And .... maybe you've hit on the reason that Amazon is not selling the Kindle outside of the United States. I mean .... who would want to take on that kind of nightmare??
Actually, having strong (take the word strong with some salt) consumer rights means increased contact between buyer and seller. If something isn't working - don't you want the seller to improve his products and support? That's exactly what happens when consumer rights are strong, and it's working.

The Norwegian Consumer Council recently went against ITunes and won because of it's illegal use of DRM . Effect: ITunes have started providing DRM free music and can't make it so that only ipods can play the music purchased. Do you consider that to be a bad thing? Or that it alienates buyer and seller?

You can read about it here:
The Norwegian Consumer Council

If a company considers consumer rights as a bad thing well, then that is what I would consider to be a insincere company that I wouldn't like to purchase goods from anyway.

Last edited by haridasi; 07-30-2008 at 07:19 PM.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote