View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #16
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Right - to use it outdoors, I have had to use a black case, to cover up the SILVER bezel on my Sony 950, and the idiotically chromed buttons at the bottom of the screen are still infuriating, when you get sunlight flares into your eyeballs.

Danger - you are talking about reflections from the glass, not the e-ink display, which only works with light coming at it from the front. This is as opposed to an LED screen such as the Kobo Arc and all color tablets, which have a backlight, and do not reflect light coming from the front.

You may have seen the Kindle commercials, which point out that one cannot read an LED color tablet display outside in sunlight, as opposed to the e-ink display on monochrome e-readers, which only work with light shining on the surface.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote