View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #12862
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just finished a paper book. Yes, I know I should hang my head in shame, but it's not available as an eBook.

The book was "Egypt - How a Lost Civilization was Rediscovered" by Joyce Tyldesley, and is a very readable account of the history of the development of Egyptology from mere treasure hunting to its modern state as a science. It focusses on the lives of the most famous Egyptologists: Belzoni, Champollion, Petrie, Carter, etc.

An excellent read for anyone interested in the subject.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote