View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by readabit View Post
Great, thank you! I'm feeling encouraged by this info. It is good to hear that you've even experienced an improvement with a recent NOOK Color update.
Updates have been a bit of a mixed bag. The most recent update was mostly a hurried bug fix for something they seriously broke in the email program in the previous update. But mostly, they make things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readabit View Post
At the moment I'm considering getting a Cisco E1200 (or possible E1500) Wireless-N Router, so good to hear you are able to connect to a Cisco device (though I realize there can be a lot of variation across devices even from the same brand).
The particular router we use is an older model that we use because it's what the manufacturer of a particular piece of equipment did their tests on. I'm not even sure it does wireless-n, and if it does, it almost certainly predates the specs being finalized. Hence, we have issues with almost everything else connecting to it. Newer stuff should be more reliable, but there's no real guarantee until you try to set it up and it works. Shouldn't be an issue, though. Never had a problem with my color nook anywhere else.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote