View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
Question prospective buyer question: NOOK Color reconnecting to wifi after waking from sleep?

Greetings,

I am considering purchasing a refurb NOOK Color to use in an office setting wherein individuals will fill out a digital form (via a web page in the NOOK browser) periodically. The web form does not require typing, just taping on the appropriate "answer", so a touch interface can work fine. I'm exploring this option because I think it will save us money over time (ie, less printing costs for this particular form, of which we use a lot of).

The NOOK Color would be used basically 1x/hour to fill out this form. In between it would be set to go to sleep. My understanding is that it will automatically "turn off" (or the equivalent) wifi to save power while asleep, and then reconnect to the wifi connection upon waking up.

My intention would be to connect the NOOK Color to the wireless router/access point (AP) via the most secure wireless encryption possible, which I understand to be WPA2/AES, which I believe the NOOK Color supports.

I am looking for feedback, etc. from owners of the NOOK Color regarding how quickly and reliably the NOOK Color automatically reconnects to a wifi connection (that it was connected to when it went to sleep) upon being awakened from sleep. The wifi access point will be in the same room, so you can assume for the sake of my question that range will not be an issue. Ideally I'd like it if the NOOK could be reconnected in 30 seconds or less and without any effort on the user's part (other than waking the NOOK up), but regardless I'd like input on real world experiences with this. I'm definitely hoping to not be having to manually disable/re-enable the wifi on the NOOK every time it is woken up from sleep.

Thank you in advance to anyone who shares their input and experiences!
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote