View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
BWinmill
Nameless Being

If you are unsatisfied with the quality of the product, by all means return it. There is no sense in keeping a product that you won't or can't use.

On the other hand, predicting the downfall of the company may be a bit premature. I have found that forums tend to attract people who are looking for solutions to problems, and that some people are particularly vocal about their problems. I also haven't noticed many of the problems that people are reporting (with either the Touch or the Vox). That can mean any number of things from Kobo having quality control issues to individuals using the device in ways that Kobo didn't properly test for.

For the most part, I am happy with the Vox. There is also a whole thread of people saying that they like their Vox on these forums. Yes, they could have done better. There are many features that they should have included for shipping, and perhaps the inclusion of these features would have avoided situations where people are loading buggy apps to fill those gaps (example: people using Aldiko for library books, and Aldiko definitely has problems on the Vox).

You also have to consider that the Vox offers things that other readers don't. As far as I can tell, Pulse offers the best social reading experience on the market. And that's important to some people. I've also been told that the Kobo store is available in far more countries than Amazon's, which is important if you live outside of the US.

That international bit is important. I used to own a Kindle and can't even count the number of times that they told me that a book is not available in Canada, never mind being told that I couldn't buy the latest Kindles for several months after it's release. (I can only imagine what it's like for people living in other countries.)