View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #35
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@doublezed
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezed View Post
When you take a note on a book or html article or anything else, a pop up menu will ask you to save the note as an image. This image can be modified on the device with a preinstalled dedicated software. You can do this by going into the book TOC or directly from the "Notes" area of the device.
For each note you will see a blocknote icon with a '+' sign on its left. Use the pen to tap on this icon (tapping on the note title will bring you to the page of the note) and it will open a spolier and let you see the image of the note. Now LONG PRESS on the image and from the pop-up menu choose 'Modify'. This will load the image inside a drawing software from where you can underline, handwrite some notes etc.
doublezed, this is really amazing, though I was not able to reproduce all of what you managed to do: specifically, I did get to the point of saving the note as image, retrieving it in the contents menu, and seeing the image again (the spoiler you refer to): what I am missing is what happens after your "long press", i.e. I do get a pop-up menu, but I can only edit the text, and do not get the drawing software to open. So I have three questions to you:
1) could you explain again what you mean by "LONG PRESS"? Do you press with the stylus?
2) could you reproduce this same thing (i.e. calling the drawing programme) with buttons?
3) I am on the December version of 2.0.4 firmware, which version do you have?

@rkomar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Well I'll be damned! You actually _can_ add your own comments to the note! On my 902...
this works on my PB903 too - it definitely is a significant improvement on at least what I thought were the note-taking capabilities of these devices - thanks

(and karma to you both )

Last edited by paola; 03-03-2011 at 04:14 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote