View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #89
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoplogan
i got it thursday, played with it last night.a lot of my files are pdf i got adobe 8 pro but files transfered to html or jpeg still dont work.can any of u experts help me? i also got ebook publisher& librarian ,abc lit convertor
For pdf's it depends what kind they are; if they are text, I would just extract it to rtf, if they are image it's trickier, it can work from jpg's but the size needs to be right (318x448 or 448x318).
Html's sometimes do not convert for some reasons (see below where you can ask why), transformed to rtf's they work though you lose hyperlinking if any.
Also, sometimes if a file dies in conversion either on librarian or on eti pub, the following files die too, so you gotta restart the application first, and try again. Once or twice eti pub died altogether, so I had to remove by hand the offending dll and reinstall it, but the librarian always worked after restart on good files.
For more specific advice and tricks it's a good idea to ask in the Fictionwise forum on Yahoo since there are lots of people there that know cool tricks about Ebk1150 (how to change fonts, do hyperlinks, run headers...). I never needed anything complicated since all my files worked after some massaging if neccesary, but that is a really good place to ask experts.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fictionwise/
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote