View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #79
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I've had my Ebookwise 1150 for about two weeks now. I love it! I actually bought it based on all the reviews and user comments posted here at MobileRead. I'm on a Mac and I have successfully converted several unsecured ereader Palm books (.pdb), .txt files and .rtf files to it's required .imp format. I then copy them over the the SmartDisk card, put the card in it's slot and settle down for some good reads.

I wanted a Sony Reader, but the price and the "first generation bugs" of the device scared me off, plus my fears that it won't work well with my Mac. I have been a longtime reader of ebooks, but this Ebookwise device is really the best so far in terms of ease of use and price. A co-worker of mine liked mine so much that she went out and bought one. Now she may buy one for her friend and another one for her mom!

This is my fav ebook reading device by far. Since I am pretty frugal, I have stuck to Gutenburg texts so far, but I have found plenty of other free book sites (Manybooks.net, Baen books, etc). This helped me discover the old pulp adventures of the 30's and 40's like Doc Savage and The Shadow. Makes for some fun reading. So much so, that I was inspired to create and write my own pulp adventure series.

Just my two cents, but I feel that the Sony Reader is a good idea, but WAY too expensive. The lack backlight also ruins it for me. I'll stick with my Ebookwise for now and I take it everywhere I go. Thanks to everyone who posts here, it really helped me when it comes to ebook advice!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote