View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
I'm getting quite confused by the ever greater number of LCD e-readers - the iPad, the Nook, the Kindle Fire and now the Vox. What about the eyestrain issue? I though the whole point of e-ink was that it is difficult to read for long periods on a backlit screen without eyestrain?? I notice the Vox press release mentions a screen technology called 'AFFS+' but I have no idea what difference, if any, this will make
I have both an eInk eReader (Kindle 3) and an LCD eReader (Nook Color). I read novels on my Kindle and use my Color as a tablet (internet, videos, music, magazines, news, etc). Reading for long periods of time on an LCD screen bothers my eyes; so I don't. Besides, there's no way I'm going to read a novel on a heavy, back lit device with short battery life when devices with the opposite specs are readily available.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote