View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
That said, with the even greater rumblings of a near-release Amazon reader, and the complete lack of a user-base for the current PRS-500, does anyone think the reader (Sony's) is going away?
I certainly don't. I'm not sure what you mean by a lack of user-base, considering the number of Sony owners that keep popping in around here. And I don't really think Sony's failure to add new features to an existing product is a sign of abandonment. Toyota didn't drop by to upgrade the engine on my 4Runner, either, and they're still around.

If Sony is planning to abandon the Reader, they're certainly hiding it well from Borders. Dropping the thing right after extending the agreement with Borders could have some major legal/contractual implications. It would be foolish, to say the least. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see any cause for concern.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote