View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #14
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
I have a Palm Pre smartphone that is far superior for websurfing, that I always have with me. But I'm glad that I have my K2 as a backup in case I need to conserve phone battery and feel an urgent need to websurf (most likely to pass the time if I get tired of reading while stuck in an airport or somesuch). I agree with most of the negative comments about the K2 browsing experience, and I won't use it for that except in urgent need. I decided I was suspicious of the AT&T 3G network and didn't need international capability, so I chose to get the domestic US-only Kindle, but now that I think about it, getting an international Kindle would have given me a great option for that if I was in an area that had AT&T wireless but no Sprint (my phone is from Sprint)!

I doubt Amazon will ever make (or seek to make) any Kindle a great browser, as it would really drive up their costs (and ultimately our Kindle price) if this became truly popular. I actually am pleased with the situation as is--The K2 is there to browse in a crunch, but it is not so pleasing that people are likely to start using it for that as a primary option and run costs up.
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote