View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I've read in B&W on a couple of Palm models, and in color on an Ipaq and Dell Axim, and now B&W again on a Sony PRS-700.

Color?
Couldn't care less. Haven't noticed the lack, even coming from a color Windows Mobile device.

Resolution? Contrast?
E-ink looks fantastic, and I consider it an upgrade (for reading) from the VGA display I had on the Axim.

I wouldn't say that an ereader sized computer would be BAD....but I'm sure enjoying having a dedicated reader that's comfortable to read on. I woulnd't mind seeing a couple of applications on the readers (crossword puzzles, Infocom-style text adventures come to mind), but I really wouldn't want to go back down in size to something iPhonish again.

I admit I drool a bit over the Plastic Logic specs.....I'd love to read comics on the larger screen. For travel though, the current ereaders are a great size.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote