View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Here's what seems to have worked: printing to a PDF file from Acrobat Pro to a PDF file on a smaller page size, and using the tile print feature to get Acrobat to split each page into smaller pieces. This has the same effect, essentially, as Sony's fit to width zoom option. Instead of using the zoom interface to scroll down, though, you can use the page advance feature, because the pages are in smaller pieces. May require Acrobat Pro:

1.) Crop using Briss (try to make every crop rectangle the same size);

2.) Create a new "Adobe PDF Page Size" in Acrobat; I used dimensions of 81mm by 105mm, based on a hand measurement of the device's screen (there are probably better choices you can make here)

3.) Print the PDF to a PDF file in Acrobat, choosing the following page handling options:

Page scaling: tile all pages
Tile scale: ?? you may need to play around with this (I think especially if you use different crop rectangle sizes in step 1); this setting determines how many pieces each page gets cut into. Bigger pages may get cut into 4 tiles instead of two, which screws everything up. I ended up using 73% for my file.

Drawbacks: text quality declines a fair bit; takes FOREVER (I've already logged a few hours and don't have it down yet); not sure what numbers to use for tile scale and page size.

Please note that I have very little experience with Acrobat and probably mixed up several concepts and terms. If you try to follow these instructions, expect to be very frustrated along the way.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote