View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
HFC3
Enthusiast
HFC3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Actually, I read that about Calibre and ZIP somewhere - which is what let me to try to add my Audiobooks into Calibre. I knew it said Calibre wouldn't handle ZIP files, but I tried it just to see what it would do.

Maybe it's because I've compressed them into ZIPX (not just ZIP), but Calibre is processing them perfectly fine. If I double click them, it opens the ZIP file - where I can unzip before converting or transferring. It doesn't try to do anything odd that I can see.

I'm loath to add each file individually because then it becomes very unwieldy when looking at everything because there would be X related files to "one" book (some of my audio books have as many as 80 or 90 individual MP3 files. If you miss transferring 1, you've screwed the whole book up. By using the compressed ZIPX, all of those individual files are treated as one entity.

But, you've answered my primary question - I hadn't read the "Add Books" list of options closely enough, but the "Add to Selected Book" works perfectly.

Thanks for your help!
HFC3 is offline   Reply With Quote