View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #220
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Occasionally I find it fun to mathematically check how I am doing in reaching my goal for the year. I do this strictly for fun. My goal is eighty five books for the year so 85 / 12 = the number of books that I need to read per month or 7.08 and 7.08/4 weeks per month gives me the number of books that I need to read per week 7.08/4 = 1.77 per week. We are currently in the 12th week of 2013 therefore 1.77 * 12 gives m the number of books that I need to have read by the end of this week which is 21.25 or in others words 21 and a quarter books. Since I am working on books twenty and twenty one I am a little behind at this point if I want to make that goal however not too far behind.
You are making an arithmetical mistake. There are twelve months in a year, but there are more than 48 week in a year. To make your goal of 85 books, you need to read 85/52 = 1.64 (rounding up) books per week. So by the end of week twelve you only need to have read 12*1.64 = 19.7 books. So if you're currently working on your 20th book, I'd say you were bang on target.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote