View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #20
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
While I'm sure most people would be happy to take an author's word that it's okay to do so, Konrath and Scalzi aren't in the same situation in terms of publication. Konrath holds publishing rights to his work - he has the right to give people permission to do whatever with those works. An author who is beholden to a publishing contract usually does not have that right. While I'm sure Tor isn't any happier than Scalzi about the possibility of used ebook sales, I don't imagine they will take the same line on this.
Actually Konrath only holds rights to some of his work. He was specifically talking about the Jack Daniels series, which I don't believe he does. I had emailed him about a problem in one of his books and he kind of just went on a rant about it and even posted something here in response....I wish I could find it...arrgh!

The publisher doesn't get any money from the deal either, so Tor probably wouldn't care either
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote