View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #88
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I stop reading books a short way into them when they fail to grab me. That doesn't mean I give up on them forever. I often experience 3 or 4 false starts on books before they "take." Wrong time/wrong mindset/mood, I figure. So to clarify my position: I rarely re-read books that I've completed. I have no qualms about re-reading a chapter or two.
I usually have a number of books 'reading: in progress status' for most of the reasons you gave. My e-reader does an excellent job of facilitating this by remembering where I left off.
No bookmarks falling out (sometimes with kitty help ), like in the case of DTB's.
There have been a few books, that had a 'In progress' time measured in years as I would read a bit, the set aside while I read a hundred others

I have a few with the 'Read' column in Calibre, flagged 'No' (blank is not read). That is my warning to approach additional works with extra care.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote