View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used Autostarts (needs root; I actually built it myself from the free GPL source and didn't buy it) to disable all sorts of processes that were starting on boot and on other occasions. I don't know if it helped with battery life, but it might have.

I also ran a script to kill Google Maps' Latitude background tracking process. See the last script in my post here. (And for more advanced users, and perhaps not on all devices, one can run my Google Maps network fix wakelock killer. See my post.)

Another thing I do is to use my PerApp to set a max CPU speed for games which don't need much CPU speed (this function of PerApp needs root). Games tend to need mainly GPU speed, and so on devices with good GPUs, you may be able to limit CPU speed without noticeable of performance, but presumably saving some battery life. The savings will be modest, since if the system thinks the CPU is being underused, it will slow it down anyway.

If you have a rooted Galaxy S2/S3/Note/7.7, you can use my Galactic Night to turn off some of the display colors and save battery this way.

Last edited by pruss; 09-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote