View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go direct where you can (B&N and Kobo). But you'll need to make your code clean. Word can make a hell of a mess even filtered HTML can be a nightmare. I've used Calibre to convert, but then taken the ePub into Sigil and renamed the split files and made sure the spits are correct and that the NCX is correct. Then I've used Notepad++ from there to edit he XML and CSS as needed to remove most (if not all) of the Calibre created styles and put in my own.

It can be a lot of work, but it has to be done if you want a good looking ePub that you can be pretty sure will work with multiple devices. The problem is some of the mess that Word puts in causes problems with things like fonts, night mode, sometimes even changing the font size doesn't work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote