Thread: 360 or 360+
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
I can get either the 360 or the 360 plus for 99 euro. Which one should I take. Or is there a better 5" ereader on the market or soon to come? Thanks for your kind advice.
That is the question!
I was pondering the same problem today.

What makes it even more difficult, there is yet another model on market PB360+ NEW ;-) It sells here in Europe for some 108Euro (including VAT)

PB360+ has faster processor, newer version of firmware, Wifi. It is supposed to have better (softer) buttons, you can buy grey one without embossed cover.

On the other hand, however,
PB360 has LOTS of third-party options, such as themes. I also have collected quite a few interesting dictionaries that might not work properly in the new models. I had chance to play with PB360+ and the engine for rendering fonts is a bit different. My favourite fonts looked different. The screen has the same quality. I am very fond of the Clearlook theme with *lots* of books / folders per page in library listing.

I am not aware of PocketBook preparing a new 5 inch model.
There is a new Kindle in the making with a glow screen. That might mean it might be possible to buy older models cheaper.

Have a look at Bookeen Odyssey. There are unbelievable videos at Youtube. Width is almost the same as PB360, it is 20mm longer. I somehow do not like Bookeen company, but have a look so you won't be sorry you haven't considered it.

Another device you might wish to have a look at is PageOne HD. That HD is important, because it has 6" 1024*768 display without glass backplate.

There is also Wexler Flex One - the first bendable reader, but with a hefty 230Euro pricetag.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote