View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
JoppyFurr
Coding fuzzball
JoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
So the second really good looking Terminal Emulator for the Touch with Keyboard.
(Haven't tried it yet!)

But i wonder, why both have their own keyboard.
What is the problem with using the standard-touch-keyboard?
Why cant we just stick to this, so we don't have 5 different apps, that uses 5 different on-screen keyboards with 4 different layouts.

For me it looks like everyone is reinventing the wheel.
Well you might have your reasons to do so: but can you tell them?

Greetings.

This post is not only addressed to baf, but to everyone who has integrated his own keyboard.
Hi,

For mine, there were a couple of reasons:

Firstly, I have no idea how to read input from the built-in Kindle keyboard.
Secondly, the built in keybord doesn't have all of the keys normally used on a computer anyway, for example, it has no Esc or Ctrl keys.
JoppyFurr is offline   Reply With Quote