View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
iranvest
iranvest began at the beginning.

Device: sony
hi porkupan,

i sent the link for the errors i recieve when using cygwin and the commands,at this link:
http://prabhur.wordpress.com/2009/04...nt/#comment-13

i will say completly here again:

ok i did as below:

1)i downloaded the cramfs-1.1-1.tar.bz2 from this link(26 KB):http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...-1.1-1.tar.bz2

2)i extracted the cramfs-1.1-1.tar.bz2 at the drive D:/123/cramfs-1.1-1 of my hard disk on PC

3)i clicked on the cyqwin site link(www.cygwin.com) and at the page i clicked install cygwin now

4)it downloaded a file with name of setup.exe (about 600 KB)

5)i clicked setup.exe and at the opened window, i ticked install from internet and after clicking next i went to choose program to install window

6)at choose programs to install window, i clicked cramfs to dwonload and install too.

now when i click the cramfsck.exe at the file D:/123/cramfs-1.1-1/usr/bin/cramfsck.exe

it opens a window for entering commands and an error message :
“this application has failed to start because cygwin1.dll was not found.re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

see the picture here:

i tried the cygwin icon too,it opened the command window with no error.then i tried the commands you have explained here.
i typed : cramfsck and then clicked enter

it showed the help correctly as you see at the picture below

then i tried the command :
cramfsck -x c:\opt\ c:\new_opt.300.img

and i get an error again: no such file or directory

at the picture you can see the files are at c and the address is correct.

picture here:

what should i do now?
what was wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Well, if you can't figure out how to use CRAMFS tools, I am pretty sure you shouldn't be messing with firmware. Sorry, but some things people are supposed to figure out on their own. I don't know what exactly "doesn't work" for you, but until you figure out how to make it work for you, you should probably stop thinking about making your own mods.

I can take your fonts, put them in the image, and give the image to you. It would probably take a few minutes of my time to make an image. But if something goes wrong, and the image doesn't work, or your reader is bricked or whatever, you are going to blame me for screwing it up. So, I would ask you to please try and figure out your own way.

You can ask questions, as long as they are not too general. CRAMFS doesn't work - that's way too general.
iranvest is offline   Reply With Quote