Thread: Mysterious html
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thank you for your help.
Some kind of simplified guide is excellent idea. There are lots of good 'html for beginners' tutorials, but they all tend to stray into webpage building and that's much too complicated for (my) ebook needs.

Example from toc:
<div height="0em"></div><a filepos="0000067426"><span><span>Chapter 3</span></span></a><br/>

1. WHY 2x span?
2.The <div> tag is used to group block-elements to format them with styles - but lots of styles in ebook are not such a good idea? (different readers etc). I imagine vaguely how I may want to color some block pink or green... Does mobi ebook need <div> tag at all?
In that example <div> says only that there's no empty space between lines in toc, so why not:
<p height="0em" width="0em"> ?
or:
<a filepos="0000067426">Chapter 3</a><br/> ?

Another example:
<a></a><p width="-58pt" align="left"><a href="#filepos50598"><font color="blue"><u>Chapter 1</u></font></a></p>

WHY <a> without any attribute?

I've understood one-letter tags like <a> and <b>, but <div> and <span> confuse me to tears.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote