View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Right edge indent problem with mobi/Kindle?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm not coding something right, if something is getting lost in the conversion process or if I've just run into a quirk of the Amazon Kindle or the mobi format itself.

I have a book that has a chapter of which a small portion is the text of a letter from one friend to another. The bulk of the text in the chapter is "normal" width lines of justified text. The letter section is left and right indented a small bit to set it apart and the paragraphs are plain left aligned, not justified. When I look at the output on a Kindle or on the Kindle Previewer, the bulk of the chapter, the justified text, looks as it should. The left margin of the letter is fine as well. It's indented more, in relation to the rest of the chapter, as I want it to be. The right edge however, is where I run into a problem. It is not indented and appears to be justified text and lines right up with the rest of the chapter.

I create my ebooks using Sigil and then use Calibre to convert to mobi for use on my Kindle. The epub version seems to work in every respect and looks exactly like I want it to. It's only the mobi version that I seem to be having a problem with the right edge.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote