View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyvisions View Post
I use a Mac and tried to batch convert some PDF and LIT files to MOBI.

This is the result I got:

Any clue as to what is causing these weird characters in place of the correct punctuation? I have tested it with PDF and LIT formatted e-books and I get the same result for both.

I really wish I could get this figured out since this looks like the best program to convert my e-books for my Kindle!
I would guess that the file is not tagged with the correct code for UTF-8 characters. I get exactly this problem with html2mobi when I have an web page using UTF-8 since html2mobi does not handle UTF-8 correctly,
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote