View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-li-x View Post
Hi, I downloaded the new Sigil Version 0.7.0 and tried to insert audio (mp3) and video (mpeg4) files into Sigil.
It was quite easy to insert them, but the EPUB Validation says that audio and video are no valid elements.

The HTML Code looks like:
<audio controls="controls" src="../Audio/Audio.mp3">Audio</audio>
<video controls="controls" src="../Video/Video.mp4"></video>

The EPUB Validation says:
attribute 'controls' is not declared for element 'audio'
attribute 'src' is not declared for element 'audio'
no declaration found for element 'audio'
element 'audio' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'

The same messages apear for the 'video' tag.

When I try to open the EPUB (with video or audio tags) on the iPad it says that the file could not be downloaded. When I delete the audio an video tags it works perfectly.
I can open the EPUB (with video or audio tags) on my desktop with Azardi and Adobe Digital Editions but the videos don't play.

So, the new Sigil version does support audio and video. But the validation not?
And there seems to be a problem on the iPad with these audio and video tags.

Do you run into the same issues when trying to open an EPUB created with Sigil with audio and video on the iPad?

Thank you for your help!
As I think I said in my post on December 24th, I mentioned that not all audio and video tags are identical, for all devices. Did you match up your coding to the iBooks Asset Guidelines for those tags? Is your video compatible, for that matter, H264 m4v?

Do you have a poster image? I don't see your height and width settings for the video, either? Or a width for the video control?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote