View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #886
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
When it comes to opf tag attributes, is there any logic built-in to exclude the stuff from a version 3 opf that isn't valid in a version 2 opf?

I know an un-influenced re-creation of the original source has always been (and should be) a higher priority than epub spec adherence, so perhaps it would make more sense if some of these epub3-only properties/attributes could be used to enhance the new auto-detection feature? Last time I checked, it seemed auto-detect only checked for the presence of a couple of fixed-layout properties to make its decision.

I have no idea what it might entail, but I'd like to see a more robust (possibly even heuristic) approach to ensure that the same sort of source that went in is coming back out (if auto-detect is selected).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote