View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
The Straven
Nevermore
The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ex-iLiad, DR800SG
Nice scoop, MTR. These updates, if they do make it out, will elevate the DR800 to "Best of Class" for me. Trying to differentiate your own products by software seems a bit of a silly idea, and I'm glad that iRex is on a different course.

The inability to jump to pages was bugging me. It wouldn't be fun to reach the end of a 400-page book only to find there's no way to go back to the beginning except by reading backwards one page at a time (although the narrative to "Memento" works well that way, once).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
That did raise a flag. I wanted a DR800SG owner to mention it.
It's not an issue at all for me. iRex sold software to export notes to the PC for the iLiad, but even if it had been free I doubt I would have used it. But I did need to jot some notes this morning, and while I had the 800 I didn't have a pen or pad handy. I take sticky-pad type notes, not law-school type notes, and I need to be able to refer to them when walking around, not at my desk. Maybe a 3rd party developer might write an "app for that" for more serious note-taking.
The Straven is offline   Reply With Quote