View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #33
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
This was my second attempt to read "The Secret River", the first book I've read for these book clubs. I loved Kate Grenville's "The Idea of Perfection", but I think I have studied too much Australian history, and "The Secret River" was just too bleak for me.

For readers who would like to read more fiction set in 19th century Australia, I would highly recommend the trilogy "The Fortunes of Richard Mahony" by Henry Handel Richardson. Like Grenville, the author (actually a woman, writing under a pseudonym in the early 20th century) based the story on her own family history. Richardson's father was a doctor who came to Victoria during the gold rush of the 1850s.

"The Fortunes of Richard Mahony" is available in the MobileRead library.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote