View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The usual reason for the database getting corrupted is not ejecting the device correctly. If you are doing that each time, there shouldn't be a problem. How are you ejecting? From calibre or from the OS?

How often do you need to connect to calibre for this to happen? Do the problems start appearing as soon as the device restarts after the connection, or does it take a while? And what happens the next time you connect? Do you use the Kobo desktop app at all? Have you had any hangs in the device?

After this happens, what are you doing to fix it? Are you logging out on the device, or doing a factory reset? The logout should be all that is needed as it replaces the database on the device with a new one. If it continuously happens, a factory reset would be the way to go and see what happens afterwards.

It is possible there is a file system problem. Try doing a scandisk when it next happens. If you are using Windows, it should prompt you if there is an issue, but sometimes it doesn't.

The driver options shouldn't be a problem. But, uncheck the "Attempt to support newer firmware". I am keeping the driver up to date, but if Kobo slip an update in when I'm not looking, having this on could cause a problem.

The DBVersion is OK. The code checks this and changes what it will do based on the different DBVersions.

The next time this happens, can you send me the devices database? When you see problems on the device, connect without calibre running and take a copy of the database. Send me a PM to get an address to send it to or a link that I can download it from. From the errors in the database, I might be able to see what is happening.

That probably isn't much help. But, I can't think of anything else at the moment. If I think of something else, I will tell you.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote