View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #14
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Processing 500 books on my Kobo Mini seems pretty fast. Maybe a minute or two.
But they are not on an SD card.

On my Sony T1 processing 1000 books in main memory is pretty fast, again a minute or so I think, but 4000 seems to take forever.

Processing 10,000 on an SD card would probably take a very long time. Pretty sure it would be the same on a Kobo Glo. Plus if it crashes, which does happen, it would probably have to do it all over again

Like yourself, I think the indexing may be unnecessary as there are 'fixes' to prevent it on the Sony readers, but I do not know this for a fact.

Helen
The reason i want all the books is that i never want to connect it to a computer again.it would be a portable library.so i can read a physics text book one day and if need to pass some time i can read gibbons after browsing whats on offer.

the kindle 3 fails as it becomes unusable after 3000 books

As regards organizing them they would be organized as authors folders or subject matter folders.in the kindle 3 somebody wrote a utility called Kollections which creates collections automatically and it works.

i don't know if there is a similar facility for the kobo glo.

It is also vital that we lobby kobo to have explorer like folder support as it improves the usefulness of the device immensely.

a cheap touch screen 4 gb mp3/mp4 player costing £12 from china has explorer type folder support so why can't the idiots at kobo not implement it?

instead they have messy stuff like very labour intensive "bookshelfs collection" and firmware that messes up everything in terms of organization.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote