View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
i beleive it's because sideloaded books get ignored (for me they should be included in everything, if the book is available on kobo store)

android app I have only just started using, never read a sideloaded book on it, so assume this is the number of kobo store books read
started using iOS app before xmas and read a few sideloaded books in it, this looks like the reason it is higher than the android app stats
got vox for xmas and mainly read using this since, read many sideloaded books, explains why this has highest stats

I know they need to promote all the extra features, but to make them meaningful (for me anyway), they need to include everything read in the kobo app

the only way I can see to guarantee they are correct is to only use one device/app, sharing between platforms/apps does not work very well

sorry if that is a rant, I am a happy kobo customer, just think they need to improve the basics
I don't think that's a rant. I agree with you (although I am slightly confused as to how your iOS app and Vox can have the highest stats if side-loaded books are ignored?). I certainly think you're right about the cross-platform synchronising not working very well - I have encountered a number of bugs and glitches (apparently) related to this issue: awards appearing prematurely for example. Not that long ago, there was no cross-platform synching of course, and I wonder if Kobo might have been better off sticking with that arrangement. Stats imply accuracy - if you're going to promote them as a feature, they should work properly.
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote