View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaru View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for that list, I am trying to create a complete wiki page with all the additional 'software' you can use on the kindle, from the hack to the kindlet. The idea is to keep the list growing and the anyone can add to the list, I gathered information from here as well as other post listing hack & kindlet :

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ks_Information

The idea is to keep link to all 'apps & hack' so that everyone creating them could update one central ressource. Or at least that's the idea and we'll see if it happens
Nice Wiki page. It has most of those I have run across. There are a few more I did not immediately see looking at your collection of Kindle Hacks: audio recorder (you have the dictaphone mod one but it isn't the latest and greatest version), Kaffeine, Kimesg, Pop Art Squares Screensaver, Kpdfviewer, Screensaver Timeout (I made this one which uses Launchpad shortcuts; found on this site and is based on the one you have on your list), SENDtoREADER, myts (the latest and greatest Kindle terminal), Usertts, Picture Album Viewer Fullscreen Hack, and a few customization tweaks that I use: Install Kindlet keys, make Ad-free, disable Amazon.com Logging, & disable Search Indexing. Oh, and another good addition to this, sort of a 'hack', is a thread called Ultimate Kindle Web Bookmarks I put together which is a huge bookmarks.mobi file that makes it much easier to use the Kindle browser. All of these are found on here (sorry I just don't have time at the moment to directly link you to all of them.)

By the way, some of your links are extremely old. Unfortunately with sites like this, and how people randomly add new additions/tweaks/better versions of things on both the same threads on on others, it can be quite confusing what is newer, older, and what version works with what Kindle. Hence, as you suggest, having a centralized place to keep it updated would be nice. I just know from all that I have done to find the latest and greatest for my own Kindles, it will take a bit to get it up-to-date.

Last edited by inameiname; 02-21-2012 at 06:30 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote